Schools Across the World


At St. Paul’s school, my involvement is surprisingly similar to my placements in the schools I student taught in the states. I am responsible for solo lessons and helping the students with their learning during the day. I am responsible for monitoring students during recess on certain days as well. However, despite these similarities, my experiences at St. Paul’s have been very different than those in the US in many way. The students are as eager to know more about me as I am to know more about them which is exciting. The students are thirsting for knowledge in every aspect of their education, they treat their education as more of a privilege than a requirement.

The teachers at St. Paul’s also have quite a few similarities as those I have been associated with in the US. The urge to help students become successful members of society seems universal as I look at these different teachers I have come into contact with. The teachers at St. Paul have also formed a community among one another, like those in the US, in which to discuss how to better help their students’ learning. One difference I have noticed is the teacher in Barcelona place more responsibilities on the students regarding their learning than teachers in the US. They have high expectations for their students in their education and let the students know what they need to do to be successful quite clearly.

Overall, despite the similarities to my US placements, this school has shown me many new things and strategies that I plan to implement in my future classrooms. It is such a cool thing to experience these differences and I am excited to embrace this new knowledge to benefit my future students.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to Know St. Paul's

Overall Experience

Before Barcelona